Whenever you hear the term API Key across the Imburse platform, it will always refer to a combination of Public and Private Keys. Both, Public and Private, keys are tied to your identity. Within Imburse platform, you will find two sets of API Key - Account API Key and Tenant API Key.
This guide will walk you through the process of generating Tenant API Key.access to your Tenant.
API Key has multiple uses within the Imburse platform but they are mainly used for two purposes:
- Verifying the identity of the Key bearer when trying to access Imburse APIs
- Generating HMAC Token
See this article on key-based cryptography, to learn more about how they work.
- Login to your Tenant Portal.
- Click API Keys under Developers menu from the left-sidebar. The API keys page appears.
- Click the button on the top-right corner of the page. The Add API key page appears
- Fill the available fields in the page with relevant information.
|Name||Enter a unique name for the API Key.||Tenant Admin|
|Roles||Select one (or more) role(s) that will apply to the Key bearer. |
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- A new page appears with your newly created API Key. Copy both, Public and Private, Keys and keep them safe.
- Click the Okay button to return back to the API keys page.
For security reasons, a Private Key is only shown once at the end of API Key generation process. If you have lost access to the Key, request your Tenant Administrator to remove your API Key and create a new one.
You can change the role assigned to an API Key through API Keys page. Go to the API Keys page and click the Edit button next to the API Key, which you want a new role assigned to.
You can delete an API Key through API Keys page. Goto the API Keys page and click the Delete button next to the API Key, which you want removed.
There could be multiple reasons why you can't see your API Key.
- Ensure you have the right access. Only Tenant Administrators can view API Keys.
- Try using the pagination control at the bottom of the API Keys page to locate your API Keys.
- Use the filter options available on the top of the API Keys page to locate your API Keys.
If you have tried all of these measures and still couldn't locate the Keys, contact your Implementation Manager or Account Manager.